Last revised: November 25, 2020
What Information We Collect
Personal Information We Collect Directly From You
The Personal Information we receive and collect directly from you includes, without limitation, the following:
(1) contact data (such as your mailing or billing address, e-mail address, and phone number);
(2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your zip code);
(3) payment data (such as a credit card number of payment account information); and
(4) other identifying information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation unique identifiers such as passwords, and Personal Information in emails or letters that you send to us.
We may also collect additional information, which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent. You may still access our Site if you choose not to provide us with any Personal Information, but if you elect not to share Personal Information it may affect our ability to provide Products (as that term is defined in out Term) to you.
Billing, Collection and Payment Information
Information we automatically collect when you use our Site
Some information, which may include Personal Information, is automatically collected when you use our Site, such as the following: (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of device(s) used to access the Site; (iv) web browser(s) used to access the Site; (v) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Site; (vi) geolocation information; and (vii) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Site (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information.
How We Collect Information
We collect information (including Personal Information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Site, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include:
(1) When you use the Site for completing Product orders;
(2) When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Site or through responses to interviews, surveys, questionnaires and the like;
(3) Through cookies, web beacons, analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”), as described below; and
(4) When you sign up to receive emails from us regarding events, products, specials or other marketing and promotional materials; and
(5) When you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or otherwise contact us.
Tracking Tools, Behavioral Advertising, and Opt Out Options
Tracking Tools: We may use tools outlined below in order to provide our Services to, advertise to, and to better understand users.
Some cookies are placed by a third party on your device and provide information to us and third parties about your browsing habits (such as your visits to our Site, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have clicked). These cookies can be used to determine whether certain third party services are being used, to identify your interests, and to serve advertisements relevant to you. We do not control third party cookies.
(2) Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect information about the use of our Site, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the Site, using selected publishers’ websites or opening emails, and for what purpose, and also allows us to enhance our interest-based advertising (discussed further below).
(3) Web Service Analytics: We may use third-party analytics services in connection with the Site, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text typed into the Site. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Site easier to use and as otherwise set forth in the section called “How We Use Your Information.” These analytics services generally do not collect Personal Information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across web services that do not use their services.
(4) Mobile Device Identifiers: As with other Tracking Tools, mobile device identifiers help Plus Brand learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors in order to personalize and improve the Site. Mobile device identifiers are data stored on mobile devices that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of Personal Information (such as media access control, address and location) and Traffic Data.
Behavioral Advertising: We may use a type of advertising commonly known as interest-based or online behavioral advertising. This means that some of our partners use Tracking Tools, such as cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons, to collect information about a user’s online activities to display Plus Brand ads to the user based on the user’s interests (“Behavioral Advertising”). Such partners may include third-party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks or platforms, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers, and other third party service providers (collectively, “Advertising Service Providers”). Other Tracking Tools used by our partners may collect information when you use the Site, such as IP address, mobile device ID, operating system, browser, web page interactions, geographic location and demographic information, such as gender and age range. These Tracking Tools help us learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.
Options for Opting out of Cookies and Mobile Device Identifiers: Some web browsers allow you to reject cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. You may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. Although you are not required to accept our cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through the Site.
You may opt out of receiving certain cookies and certain trackers by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) consumer opt-out page, or by installing the DAA’s AppChoice app (for iOS; for Android) on your mobile computing device. When you use these opt-out features, an “opt-out” Cookie will be placed on your computer, tablet or mobile computing device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertising from NAI or DAA member companies. If you delete cookies on your computer, tablet or mobile computing device, you may need to opt out again.
For information about how to opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile devices, please visit http://www.applicationprivacy.org/expressing-your-behavioral-advertising-choices-on-a-mobile-device. You will need to opt out of each browser and device for which you desire to apply these opt-out features.
Even after opting out of Behavioral Advertising, you may still see Plus Brand advertisements that are not interest-based (i.e., not targeted toward you). Also, opting out does not mean that Plus Brand is no longer using Tracking Tools — we still may collect information about your use of the Site even after you have opted out of Behavioral Advertising and may still serve advertisements to you via the Site based on information it collects via the Site.
How Plus Brand Responds to Browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) Signals: Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to web services that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If a web service operator elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the web service operator may refrain from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many website operators, including Plus Brand, do not proactively respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
Our Legal Bases; Our Legitimate Interests and How We Use Your Information
We rely on a number of legal bases when you access or use the Site and we collect, use, share, and otherwise process your Personal Information for the purposes described in this policy. These legal bases include where:
(2) You have consented to the processing, which you can revoke at any time;
(3) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend any impending or asserted legal claims;
(4) Necessary for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of visitors, members, or partners (described in more detail below);
(5) You have expressly made the information public;
(6) Necessary in the public interest, such as to prevent crime; and
(7) Occasionally necessary to protect your vital interests or those of others (in rare cases where we may need to share information to prevent loss of life or personal injury).
How We Use Your Information and Our Legitimate Interests
We may use information that is not Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated to better understand who uses our Site and how we can deliver a better experience or otherwise at our discretion.
We use information, including Personal Information, to provide and to help improve the Site, to develop new services, and to advertise (for example, to display Plus Brand ads on other web services). Specifically, such use may include:
(1) Providing you with the products, services and information you request;
(2) Responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
(3) Contacting you when necessary or requested;
(4) Providing, maintaining, administering or expanding the Site, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, the Site, and other products and services we offer;
(5) Customizing or tailoring your experience of the Site, which may include sending customized messages or showing you Sponsored Results;
(6) Notifying you about certain resources or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
(7) Sending you information about Plus Brand or our Products or services;
(8) Sending emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
(10) Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising;
(11) Using statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
(12) Fulfilling our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
(13) Resolving disputes;
(14) Protecting against or deterring fraudulent, illegal, or harmful actions; and
(15) Enforcing our Terms of Service and other agreements.
How We Share Your Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the Services, we may share certain information that we collect from you, as described in this section:
(1) Advertising: We do not sell email addresses to third parties. We may share your Personal Information with our partners to customize or display our advertising.
(2) Business Partners: We may share your Personal Information and/or Traffic Data with our partners who perform operational services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, insurance verification, web service analytics, or ad serving) and/or who make certain services, features or functionality available to our users.
(3) Cross Device Matching: To determine if users have interacted with content across multiple devices and to match such devices, we work with partners who analyze device activity data and/or rely on your information (including demographic, geographic and interest-based data). To supplement this analysis, we also provide de-identified data to these partners. Based on this data, we may then display targeted advertisements across devices that we believe are associated or use this data to further analyze usage of Site across devices.
(4) Business Transfers: We may transfer your Personal Information to another company in connection with a proposed merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of Plus Brand (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
(5) Public Information and Submissions: You agree that any information that you may reveal in a review posting, online discussion or forum is intended for the public and is not in any way private. Carefully consider whether to disclose any Personal Information in any public posting or forum. Your submissions may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict.
(7) Other Information: We may disclose information that is not Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated at our discretion.
Storage and Security of Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our Site and/or our Services, we encrypt that information (both at rest and in transit) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We store and process your information on our servers in the United States. We maintain industry standard backup and archival systems.
Although we make good faith efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, we do not and cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your Personal Information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us in your account. Please keep your e-mail address in your account up to date. You can update that e-mail address anytime in your Account. If you have difficulty updating your e-email address or other information on your account, please contact us at email@example.com. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your e-mail account using your computer or mobile device and email application software. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your address when you submit your request. You can make this election any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request. You may also use this e-mail address to request a print copy, at no charge, of an electronic notice we have sent to you regarding a compromise of your Personal Information.
Your Privacy Choices
You can always opt not to disclose Personal Information to us, but keep in mind some Personal Information may be needed in order for you to use certain features of our Site.
Note that Plus Brand cannot control or guarantee these rights with regard to Personal Information obtained by third parties who have requested and received your Personal Information through our Site and with your consent.
GDPR and CCPA
You may have certain rights to your Personal Information as a result of privacy laws around the world, such as the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If those laws apply to you, Plus gives you the choice of accessing, editing, or removing certain Personal Information, as well as choices about how we contact you. You may change or correct the Personal Information Plus Brand has collected from you or exercise any of the following rights by contacting Plus Brand via email at email@example.com or sending a written request to 30 North Gould Street STE: 3602 Sheridan Wyoming 82801. Depending on your location, you may also benefit from a number of rights with respect to your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply in limited cases.
(1) Right to Access & Portability: You can access the Personal Information Plus Brand has collected about you, and/or request a copy of your Personal Information along with information explaining how that information is used, by contacting us in accordance with the previous paragraph.
(2) Right to Correction: You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate information about you.
(3) Right to Restrict Processing: In certain cases where we process your information, you may also have the right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal information.
(4) Right to Deletion: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, except information we are required to retain by law, regulation, or to protect the safety, security, and integrity of Plus Brand.
(5) Right to Object: If we process your information based on our legitimate interests as explained above, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons. Where we use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, you can object using the unsubscribe link in such communications.
(6) Right to Withdraw Consent: Where we rely on consent, you can choose to withdraw your consent to our processing of your information using specific features provided to enable you to withdraw consent, like an email unsubscribe link. If you have consented to share your precise device location details but would no longer like to continue sharing that information with us, you can revoke your consent to the sharing of that information through the settings on your mobile device. This is without prejudice to your right to generally delete your Personal Information.
If you are a resident of California, the CCPA provides you the following additional rights:
(1) Right to Know: if you are a California resident, you may request disclosure of the specific pieces and/or categories of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources for that personal information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information, the categories of personal information that we have disclosed about you, and the categories of third parties with which the information was shared.
(2) Right to Opt-Out: To the extent that Plus Brand “sells” personal information (as that term is defined under the CCPA), California residents are entitled to opt-out of the “sale” of data at any time (see below for more information) (which can be done to by contact us at [contact email]).
How Long We Retain Your Information
Personal Information of Children
Other Web Services
Contacting Plus Brand